Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Girl and I


Warning: There may be spoilers.

After watching Crying Out Love, In The Center Of the World, I watched the remake, My Girl and I (note: this site seems to only work with IE, that sucks). The movie starred Cha Tae Hyeon (My Sassy Girl) and Song Hye Kyo (Full House), which is also her big screen debut.

I don't know how faithful this remake is to the novel, but it seems to be a very loose remake of the original. I feel that the original is more complete. A number of things are missing or changed. Instead of exchanging cassette tape, its exchanging voice mail. The protagonist now has a grandfather selling coffins, instead of hanging out at a photo studio. The heroine seems to only find out she has leukemia half way through the story instead of knowing it before hand.

Somehow I don't really like this remake. I recommend watching the original; however, if you are a fan of Cha Tae Hyeon and Song Hye Kyo, then don't miss it.

Technorati Tags: +



No comments: