Thursday, August 04, 2005

Feeling Lost?

Yesterday a friend IM me and said "have u ever had the feeling that one day u wake up and suddenly u realize u're tired of doing things that u do everyday?".

Actually, I am more than tired, I don't know what I've been doing since end of 2002. Work sucks! What can I do? Joel Spolsky in his Hitting the High Notes article have answered the question.

"Sadly, this doesn't really apply in non-product software development. Internal, in-house software is rarely important enough to justify hiring rock stars. Nobody hires Dolly Parton to sing at weddings. That's why the most satisfying careers, if you're a software developer, are at actual software companies, not doing IT for some bank."

That means I need to look for a company that does product development. Sadly, most of the IT companies here doesn't do product development. The big MNCs are just body shop. Those pathetic MSC status companies are trying to compete with the MNC by becoming even cheaper body shop.

Sigh. I am still lost. The search goes on...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiew....